| || |
- North Korea has confirmed it has a uranium-enrichment facility with thousands of centrifuges, further fueling security concerns after its deadly attack on a South Korean island.
- Oil falls to near $85 in Asia after US crude inventory reports.
- Birmingham City Council has expanded its contract with outsourcing titan Capita in a deal worth about £300m to Capita.
- Aberdeen Asset Management was boosted by new business wins. Underlying profits in the new year to September rose to £210m from £85.1m, on revenues of £639m against £422m. Pre-tax profits were £125.6m against £10.1m. Aberdeen CEO ruled out making an offer for Gartmore.
- BP shares rise after weekend announcement of $7.1bn sale on Pan American stake. BP stock was up 0.5% at 438.3p on Monday.
- Wal-Mart will buy controlling stake in South African company Massmart in approximately a $2bn deal.
- Wood Group has won an $875m engineering, procurement and construction contract for Israel's Dorad Energy.
- Private Equity trust Electra Private Equity is tapping the market for more funds to take advantage of significant private equity investment opportunities. The company intends to raise up to £100m through a placing offer of 5% subordinated convertible bonds due 2017.
- ACM Shipping has announced an interim profit of £2.8m on revenues of £14.5m. ACM holds £5.8m of cash.
- Topps Tiles announced a full year pre-tax profit of £12.4m and is paying a 1p per share final dividend.
|Highlights of the day|
- Asian markets crumpled Tuesday as Chinese shares slid on fears of an interest rate hike. Japan's Nikkei 225 stock average dropped 1.7% to 9,954.74 points.
- The Euro is under pressure. The Irish bailout has failed to convince investors the continent's debt crisis has been contained.
- The FTSE 100 has opened up 41.85 points, or 0.75% and is currently at 5,592.80points.
|Aviva||JP Morgan||Overweight|| |
|ITE Group||Investec||Buy|| |
| || || || |
| || || || |
|Key Data Releases Today|
| || ||Prev||Fcst||Cons|
|15.00||US Consumer Confidence||50.2||52.0||52.0 to 53.9|
| || || || || || || |
| || |
|This document has been issued by Collins Sarri Statham Investments Ltd (CSSI) for information purposes only based on publicly available information and should not be construed in any circumstances as an offer to sell, or solicitation of any offer to buy any security or other financial instrument, nor shall it, on the fact of its distribution, form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with any contract relating to such action. This document has no regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs. The information contained herein is based on materials and sources that we believe to be reliable however we make no representation or warranty, either express or implied, in relation to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information contained herein. Please note that the figures shown may in some instances be rounded to the nearest penny. Prices can move sharply from those quoted in this document. Current prices can be verified by calling one of our Brokers. CSSI is under no obligation to update the information contained herein. Neither CSSI, nor its affiliates, nor its employees shall have any liability whatsoever for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from the use of this document.|
|Please note to unsubscribe from the Morning Call click here http://www.css-investments.com/unsubscribe|