| || |
- Barclays Q1 has missed analysts' forecasts, pre-tax profit fell 9% to £1.655bn on total income of £7.4bn a decline of 8%.
- BP Q1 replacement cost profit fell to $5.481bn with debt levels up $2.3bn to $27.5bn. The oil giant said higher taxes impacted profit with effective tax rate for Q1 of 37%. The board has declared a dividend of 7 cents per share.
- The FTSE 100 is down 12.2 points to 6,057.1 in early trading.
- The Dow Jones rose 115.5 points to 12,595.4 points after positive earnings reports.
- The Nikkei 225 jumped 133.2 points to 9,691.8 a gain of 1.39%
- Brent crude oil has opened down 28 cents to $123.86 per barrel on continued unrest in Syria and Libya.
- Game Group has reported EPS of 4.51p and will pay a final dividend of 3.9p per share. Group sales fell to £1.625bn a decline of £147m.
- Premier Oil has drilled a sidetrack well CRD-2X-ST on block 07/03 offshore Vietnam which has tested for gas. The shares are down 40p in early trading.
- Irish 10 year bond yields rose to 10.36% on talk of bond restructuring in the EU periphery.
- Johnson & Johnson has agreed to buy Synthes Inc for $21.3bn to boost its trauma product portfolio.
- S&P has lowered the rating outlook on Japan to "negative" commenting that the earthquake will add to Japan's debt load.
|Highlights of the day|
- UK GDP for Q1 2011 is due shortly
- Domino's Pizza UK & IRL has bought a 75% stake in Domino's Germany paying 2.2m in new Domino's shares.
- Aggreko has made a strong start to 2011 despite a £7.5m hit due to a weak US dollar
|ARM ||Matrix|| Reduce||500p |
|BP ||Oriel ||Hold || |
|Logica ||GS ||Neutral ||1296p|
|ITV||Numis ||Buy ||115p|
|STV ||Numis ||Buy ||131p |
|William Hill ||CS ||Neutral||202p|
| || || || |
| || || || |
| || || || |
|Key Data Releases Today|
| || ||Prev||Fcst||Cons Range|
| 13:30||US Durable Goods ||-0.9% ||1.9% ||0.5%-3% |
| 17:30||US FOMC Meeting || || || || || |
| || |
|This document has been issued by Collins Sarri Statham Investments Ltd (CSSI) for information purposes only based on publicly available information and should not be construed in any circumstances as an offer to sell, or solicitation of any offer to buy any security or other financial instrument, nor shall it, on the fact of its distribution, form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with any contract relating to such action. This document has no regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs. The information contained herein is based on materials and sources that we believe to be reliable however we make no representation or warranty, either express or implied, in relation to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information contained herein. Please note that the figures shown may in some instances be rounded to the nearest penny. Prices can move sharply from those quoted in this document. Current prices can be verified by calling one of our Brokers. CSSI is under no obligation to update the information contained herein. Neither CSSI, nor its affiliates, nor its employees shall have any liability whatsoever for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from the use of this document.|
|Please note to unsubscribe from the Morning Call click here http://www.css-investments.com/unsubscribe|